Face Lift by Thread Technology
What is Thread lifting?
A thread lift is a type of procedure wherein temporary sutures are used to produce a subtle but visible “lift” in the skin. Instead of removing the patient’s loose facial skin surgically, the cosmetic surgeon simply suspends it by stitching up portions of it. The thread-lift is the suspension of ptotic facial soft tissue via a thread subcutaneously inserted in the skin. It is an easy, fast, in-office procedure in which a cone attachment or barbed or nonbarbed suture thread is inserted via a cannula into the skin through a very small incision. Thread lift, which offers longer lasting results when compared to Botox and dermal fillers, involves the use of a special, implantable surgical thread that lifts sagging skin on the forehead, eyebrows, mid-face, and the neck. It can also be done on eye corners, laugh lines, forearm, and even the abdomen.
Thread lift generally lasts last from 1 to 3 years.
Benefits of Thread lifting:
- Rejuvenates and makes skin look more rested and firm
- Allows a more defined facial contour and tighter looking skin
- Achieves a youthful look without scarring and the need for general anesthesia
- A more affordable option or alternative to a full facelift
- A quick and effective solution for a wide range of aging problems
Possible Side effects:
When performed by a licensed and experienced cosmetic surgeon, the procedure is very safe. However, minor side effects may arise including subtle bruising, muscle weakness, and swelling in the affected area, which usually resolve on their own within a week.